Monday, November 29, 2010

watchus.com



When I learned how to make beaded watches I fell in love with them. The problem was that, out of the blue, they would stop working. I would take them to have their batteries replaced and the repair people would say "Just buy another watch face, its not even worth replacing the battery." This happened so often that I stopped making watches because I couldn't stand behind the product. I thought I would have to stop selling watches altogether, that is, until I found watchus.com .

They explained to me that many craft watches have what is called a "Japanese movement" meaning that the insides are all made of plastic. The watches at watchus.com are a Citizens Movement and made of metal on the inside. I decided to give it a try.

When I got them in the mail I noticed the difference right away. They were more sturdy, a bit heavier in a good way, and more substantial looking. The best thing was that they were even less expensive than the 'cheap-o' watches that I was getting in the craft stores! I started making watches again and people love them. Now I feel confident selling these to customers and knowing that they are not just attractive pieces of jewelry, but sturdy time pieces. I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment