Saturday, September 26, 2009

Inspiration

What inspires us to create? When I make jewelry I am usually inspired by the actual materials that are available to me. I am also inspired but the shapes that can be made by weaving beads. Inspiration is everywhere if we know where and how to look.

As many of you know, I am a singer. In singing, music is a constant source of inspiration to me. I love singing different styles of music and learning about its corresponding culture. I have to admit though, in jewelry making I have not used music as an inspiration. Except maybe if I need a piece to wear for a concert or recital and I make a piece that goes with the theme and what I am wearing. Other than that though, nada.

This week I am inspired by a designer named Julie from SeaJewels2005. Julie is also a musician, but a folk guitarist. Julie told me that she uses songs and song titles as inspirations for her pieces. I'll show you what I mean:

This one is called "chain chain chain." I LOVE it.

Then there's the "Red Hot Chillies" chunky necklace:


Finally, "All that glitters is Goldstone"


This is such a creative way to design! Kudos to Seajewels2005. You can check her out at www.seajewels2005.etsy.com . Also read her blog at http://thecraftersguildplace.blogspot.com/ .

What about you? What inspires you to create? What is it that you create? Maybe I will feature you! Leave some comment love on it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment